Workers Comp Overpayment Attorneys
Many of you have simply accepted that workers compensation premiums as part of the cost of doing business. However, what you may not know is that you could be saving thousands of dollars annually.
Workers compensation premiums are determined through a complex process and it takes the right amount of experience and understanding to make sure that you are not paying any more than you have to. DCDM Law Group has been able to save our business client’s hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years and our team is adept at identifying signs that your may be making workers comp overpayments.
Relying on your insurance agents annual audit to determine if they can save you money is not enough. Oftentimes the agents don’t have the comprehensive understanding to determine if your experience modifications are applied correctly. The workers comp overpayment attorneys at DCDM Law Group can provide you with a complimentary assessment to determine if you could save money going forward or even if you are owed money from past premium payments.
Here are some signs that you may be overpaying workers compensation:
- Your rate was increased during your policy period
- You had a former employee file a workers compensation claim while on the job
- Your insurance provider changed your employee’s classification
- Experience modifier (ex mod’s) were changed in the last few years
- You have not received any credits or discounts on your workers comp policy
- You are a contractor with administrative staff
- There are regular overtime payments made to staff
- Your business was merged acquired by another
Workers comp overcharges are so common that there is a high likely hood that you paying too much. In the event that we determine that you have been overpaying, we can request a refund for you and save you money on future payments. Additionally, we can oftentimes do this work for you on a contingency basis which means there are no out of pocket costs. Contact us today to see if we can help you obtain a workers comp refund, save money on future premiums and classify your employees correctly.